If you have never built a website before, one of the quickest and easiest ways to get your first domain live and operational in only minutes is to install WordPress on your website.
WordPress is a blogging platform that allows you to have a pre-built website for free that will allow you to focus on the more important items like content, and if you desire it, sales and profits.
In more than a decade online, I have literally built dozens of websites, many from the ground up... But since I discovered the ease of use and powerful flexibility of the WordPress platform, I am building most of my newest websites under this Content Management System (CMS).
The reasons I prefer the WordPress blogging platform are many, but I will sum it up with the following five key benefits:
1. Quick and Easy Installation - If you have a web hosting company that runs cPanelX as your webmasters' control panel (many of the more popular web hosting companies do), then you will find an option in your control panel called, "Fantastico De Luxe". When you click on the Fantastico icon, you will be taken to a page where you can add a multitude of free applications to your website, by following some simple instructions. Just click on the WordPress link to install WordPress on your website. The software will ask you some basic general information, then do the full install of one of the most recent WordPress builds into your website.
2. Website Themes - Few webmasters want to use the generic WordPress Theme that ships with WordPress. The default WP Theme is plain Jane, and to my taste, perfectly drab. There are many people who design custom WordPress Themes that you can easily upload to your domain, to change the appearance and feel of your WordPress website. Some of the WP Themes are paid versions, but most of them are free. There are more than one thousand themes loaded directly into the WordPress website ( http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/ ), from which you can choose, although you are not limited to just the themes loaded into the WordPress website.
3. Website Functionality - Just like with the WordPress Themes, if there is a specific functionality you want your blog to perform, there are programmers out there who have made WordPress Plugins that will do for you those things you would like to do. There are nearly 8,000 WordPress Plugins on the WordPress.org website ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ ), and thousands more that are not in the WordPress database. If you find a Plugin you want, just download, unzip, and upload it to the appropriate Plugin directory on your blog. After you have uploaded the Plugin, simply go to the Admin area of your Blog to activate the software.
4. Open Source - WordPress has been built in PHP, and its source code is visible to everyone who wants to look at it. On top of that, WordPress has included comprehensive documentation and a range of functions to help programmers work within the WordPress Codex ( http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page ). Anyone with a minimal knowledge of PHP can program WordPress Themes and Plugins, without too much effort.
5. Self-Updating - In recent versions, WordPress has included a feature that will notify you if upgrades are available for the basic WordPress operating system or your chosen WP Plugins. When upgrades become available, you will be notified, and often you only need to click a link to automatically install the upgrades and updates.
I have a friend who is a PHP coder by trade. I try not to mention WordPress in his presence, because every time I do so, I get an ear-full of "WordPress Sucks..."
To be honest with you, I still like WordPress... I like it, because it is easy to install and maintain, and I can improve it easily by using templates and plugins.
I am a coder, but life is too short to spend all of my time coding new websites... I am happy to spend my time creating content that will lead to sales... So for me, WordPress is good, and I am happy to put it on as many websites as I need to do...
If you are new to the Internet, then you might agree that WordPress is a blessing to those of us, who have more important things to do than to recreate the wheel...
eCommerce is one of the most important sectors in the business and commerce world. In order to have success in eCommerce certain goals, strategies and policies must be followed. Consumers must feel wanted. Trust is important to excel in eCommerce. Keeping oneself updated with modern tools and utilities is important in ensuring good shopping experience for consumers. Getting inside the brain of buyers is important in understanding the needs of consumers.
Payment Procedures Must be Easy
Consumers look for eCommerce websites with easy to access payment options. Whether a payment is being made or received through a website, it must be easy. An eCommerce website must have all the modern day options such as PayPal account and credit card payments. However a buyer and a seller must both have PayPal accounts to comfortably carry out the payments. Payment procedures must also be secure. Online purchases must satisfy customers and not scare them away from your website. Consumers often complain of credit card fears and erroneous web transactions. Al this must be kept in mind in order to position your eCommerce business.
Product Listings must have clear descriptions
Every product listed on an eCommerce website must have clear descriptions so that easier for buyers to understand and make quick selections. Groups and categories must be handled with extreme care. Wherever possible additional information must be provided for products and items. Consumers must feel secure and comfortable while browsing through the categories and must never fee lost or confused.
Clear Policy Statements and Sales Pitches
Policy statements including return and shipping details must be clearly stated. All the web pages in a website must include the statement. Every single detail about cost, added charges (if any) must be declared. Sales pitches must be direct, compact and jargon-less. Consumers must not feel at risk of suffering from any kind of miscommunication. Consumers must also be able to track shipping of products. Tracker is important for eCommerce websites.
Be clear about the prices as customers often feel cheated when hidden costs come up. Display exact prices, shipping charges, discount offers in order to remain transparent to your consumers. Building trust is important and retaining it is more important.
Effective Search Functions
Shopping experience becomes interesting when search results are exact. A consumer searching for an item will be satisfied when he/she finds an online store providing exact search results with necessary product descriptions. Search buttons and categories must be quick and prodcue refined results.
Customers must be engaged in providing feedbacks. Engaging consumers for your eCommerce website is important for bringing referrals and higher sales. Sharing positive reviews and feedback will be important for generating buzz.
eCommerce websites must be mobile friendly. With the current trend of smart phone users in the rise, shopping has become online. Include apps and functionalities in shopping carts that suit mobile device consumers.
eCommerce website owners must always be keen to learn and include latest applications. New things must never be ignored. New offers must be highlighted in websites. This will increase traffic in eCommerce websites. SEO, online advertising, promotion, blogging, social media marketing and communication with larger audiences is important for eCommerce expansion.
WordPress is the best CMS platform and you can create beautiful blogs and websites using this open source web software. Using WordPress API custom, WordPress theme development is a very easy task and this has lead many developers to pursue career in WordPress development.
If you are a WordPress enthusiast and you want to design a WordPress website, you have plenty of options. You can start working using an HTML template and add WordPress code to it or you can initiate with the basic WordPress code and create a stunning design. Still if you want the most effective method of creating a WordPress theme, you must begin with the starter theme or framework.
Today, we have listed the best WordPress theme frameworks that will guide beginners in creating a stunning WordPress theme design:
Thematic - A WordPress Theme Framework
Thematic is a great framework to start with as it is free, highly extensible, open source and search-engine friendly WordPress Theme Framework. This framework also features 13 widget-ready areas, popular plugins styling and 960.gs grid-based layout samples. If you are a beginner blogger or a WordPress professional this is the best choice for you.
Thesis Theme Framework
This premium theme framework is quite popular and it is used on over 42K websites. This framework comes with 2 licenses, the cheaper version allows use of framework on a single website.
Thesis is a very effective theme framework as it has a remarkably efficient HTML, CSS, PHP framework and controls are very easy to access. Using this framework you can fine-tune every page of your site with a precision that was not possible before.
Another premium theme framework and this one is built by StudioPress. Genesis provides its users with a child theme marketplace, where they can purchase additional child themes. Genesis comes with native support that is very beneficial for the search engine optimization purpose. Using the back-end panel you can set all the options like with most good WordPress theme frameworks.
Gantry - Web Platform Theme Framework
This theme framework is built by RocketTheme and it is available for WordPress and Joomla. One great feature of Gantry is that it is highly customizable - once you install Gantry framework you can use several child theme freely available in the marketplace. RocketTheme is well known for its premium WordPress themes, most of which are developed on Gantry framework.
So if you want to create a difference in your WordPress designing projects, the above mentioned theme frameworks may help you in attaining your respective goals.